We offer competitive pricing throughout the year! Compare your textbook prices on our website through Verba.
Charging to Tuition
Eligible students are able to charge anything in the store to their tuition bill up to $1500! You must be a current, registered student with confirmed enrollment and no accounting holds. Simply bring your purchase, along with your Tech ID card to any register and tell them you want to charge it to your tuition! Tuition charges are available in store only and cannot be used to make an online purchase. Remember, you will have to pay your tuition bill by the deadlines to avoid late fees. This service is available beginning the first Monday in August for the Fall Semester and the first Monday in December for the Spring Semester. See store for specific dates.
You must have the original receipt and the books must be in the same condition as purchased. Opened shrink wrapped packages will be refunded as used books if applicable at the store's discretion. Books purchased after return deadline are not refundable.
100% refund through Fri of 1st week
80% refund through Fri of 2nd week
100% refund through Fri of 1st week of Track A
100% refund during 1st week of Track B for B classes only
Very few exceptions may apply.
Used books can save you up to 25%! We try to carry as many used textbooks as possible. Used textbooks are a better value for the student. It is important to remember that these textbooks are USED. Their condition may not be perfect; they may have highlighting, blank discs, missing pages or other imperfections. They are not guaranteed to contain peripheral material such as CDs and web access. It is impossible to check every book for defects.
|New $100 Textbook||$ / %|
|3. Freight Company||2.5|
|4. Revenue given back to university for academic programs, student activities, capital improvements, systems, automation, and/or reduction of school operating expenses.||9|
|5. Bookstore employee salaries/benefits||10|
|6. Earnings and other direct expenses including taxes, equipment, supplies, maintenance, repairs, etc.||2.5|
Each dollar you spend on a new college textbook is distributed in many ways. Most of your money, as you can see, goes to the publisher. The bookstore uses its share to pay the salaries and benefits of its employees and the expenses of running the store. Another important portion goes to your school. We feel proud of the financial support the bookstore gives to this campus community. The money the school receives is used to support campus programs and/or to reduce general expenses and help keep tuition down.
Many textbooks are now available for rental through the Campus Bookstore for Fall and Spring semesters. Sorry, rentals are not available in the summer. You can save up to 50% of the cost of the book by renting it. Simply select the rental option if available and accept the rental agreement during checkout. Don't forget to print the rental agreement for your records. Some items included in the agreement are:
- You are at least 18 years old and currently enrolled at Michigan Tech.
- The rented book is the property of the Campus Bookstore.
- All rented books must be returned on or before the Friday of finals week.
- The Campus Bookstore is not responsible for reminding you of the return date or for lost returns shipped via any carrier.
- Books must be returned in good condition with all components and with very little highlighting or writing.
- You are responsible for any loss of or damage to the textbook.
- If the book is not returned by the due date, you are responsible for the replacement cost of the book plus a processing fee. This is the full retail price of the book you rented plus 10% of the new retail price.
- Rented books may be returned for a 100% refund through Friday of the first week of classes.